Senior SCRUM Master/BA (5836)
Marketing | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
The Sr. Scrum Master / Business Analyst works with dedicated cross-functional teams to drive the delivery of marketing and customer experience improvements to market. This role will be responsible for driving the requirements, planning and execution of marketing development objectives. To excel in this role you must have excellent communication and documentation skills to understand the end-user perspective and to write clear and concise business requirements. This is a hybrid role and responsibilities can shift throughout projects, i.e., there may be times where the position will require more SM/PM work than BA work or vice versa. As part of a dynamic and growing company and team, the role requires strong leadership and forward thinking in order to deliver valuable solutions.
- Works with digital marketing and technical teams to drive requirements, development and feature prioritization
- Solicits requirements and documentation including storyboards, process flows, use cases, working closely with product owners and stakeholders
- Collaborates with global cross-functional teams, such as Digital Marketing, Creative, Content and Development to develop effective solutions to automate and scale business processes & systems that support them
- Leads sprint planning with UI/UX and technical teams to break work into scrum sprints, kanban tasks and release plans that deliver highest priority changes on a continuous basis
- Works with the marketing to drive creation of detailed software delivery plan factoring in highest priority features, dependencies and committed release dates
- Drives the project forward, scopes work and forecasts delivery timelines to release projects in a timely manner
- Identifies, resolves and communicates major issues, such as scope changes, schedule changes, project risks and major decisions that impact the successful delivery of major projects
- Laser focused on delivering to all committed milestones and holds the project team accountable for these commitments
- Manages risk across the project continuously to ensure each release is delivered on time, with minimum viable scope and with high quality
- Communicates status regularly with product owners, peers, teams and management to set expectations and remain in alignment with key stakeholders
- Keeps multiple scrum teams on track, organized for efficient implementation and delivery, and implements process improvements where needed
- Creative, adaptive and flexible thinking to adhere to a committed timeline when plans do not go as expected
- Conducts analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in the fields of business, computer science or engineering; Advanced degree is a plus. Experience successfully delivering software projects with Agile/scrum methodology
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Expert understanding of Software Development life cycle and program management processes
- Expert ability to create structures and processes necessary to deliver continuous software changes to market.
- 10+ years of project management/ scrum master experience working successfully with Software teams
- 10+ years of business and process analysis
- Agile certified
- Scrum Master certified
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.