Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - SaaS Connectors
Engineering | Shivajinagar, Pune, IndiaApply Now!
Job title: Senior Automation Engineer in Test
Work Location: Pune, India
Relevant Work Experience: 8 to 9 years of industry experience including 2+ years of API test automation experience.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
This is a permanent full-time position.
In this role, you will be responsible for functional, performance, integration, reliability and subsequent automation testing to ensure world class quality for all our SaaS based integrations In-house. You will be the voice of the customer within the organization, demanding zero defects and ease of use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assure Quality for all the products.
• Engage in continuous automated and manual testing activity throughout agile development iterations to ensure zero defects
• Participate in iteration planning, providing input on required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories
• Create and manage bug reports, ensuring they are clearly communicated to the team and addressed in a timely, thorough, and satisfactory manner
• Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality
• Investigate customer problems referred by technical support, Trouble shoot & analyze Customer reported issues
• Be a passionate voice of the customer within the development organization
• Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Work collaboratively with willingness to listen and work in fast paced challenging environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Overall around 8-9 years of software testing including manual, automation, API etc.
• Technical Skills
• Significant demonstrable related work experience including writing test cases, test plans and code coverage
• A strong understanding of test methodologies and software engineering by testing one or more products throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Strong QA skills: planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting
• Experience building automation in Browser and RESTful and SOAP web services
• Experience using Selenium or any browser automation tool.
• Strong experience in Windows / Web application testing
• Strong knowledge of SDLC/STLC and testing methodologies
• Preferred Qualification
• Experience working with GitHub, JIRA, Confluence.
• Hands-n exp working on Salesforce/ NetSuite or any other ERP.
• Experience using Jenkins for CI, CD
• Experience in performance, load and reliability engineering
• Great problem-solving skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment
• Excellent communication skills, collaboration, follow-up and self-motivation
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Must be a team player and participate actively in technical/project decision making process.
Working Conditions: Working with U.S. counterparts would require approx. 5-6 hours per week overlap.
Our Vision is to be a part of every transaction in the world. Our Motto is Tax compliance done right.
Avalara India is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Organization.
Watch our EVP video to know why Avalara continues to attract, develop and retain an ever-increasing pool of terrific talent across India!
Avalara is a 14-year-old MNC. We deliver comprehensive, automated and cloud-based solutions that are designed to be fast and accurate. Avalara has 23,000+ customers and 1,300+ employees in 15 offices across 4 continents in USA, UK, Brazil, Belgium and India with our headquarters in Seattle. Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including sales and use taxes, VAT, excise, communications and other tax types. Avalara’s Compliance Cloud™ platform helps our customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 650 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, we process billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, file more than a million tax returns and manage millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents. A publicly traded company, Avalara’s investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures and other institutional and individual investors.