Manager, Strategic Alliances
Sales | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
The mission of the Strategic Alliances team is to create long-term, multi-dimensional partnerships that drive mutual revenue for Avalara and our partners and ensure client success. The Manager, Accounting Channel Alliances is responsible for setting and leading our Accounting channel partner sales strategy for larger, regional accounting firms and related alliances. This position will manage a team of alliance managers focused on identifying and managing these types of partnerships to deliver new revenues and meet established bookings quotas by selling with, to and through strategic partners.
This role will partner closely with direct sales, marketing, business development and strategic partner management to drive market coverage and new growth opportunities.
- Manage a team of strategic alliance managers focused on larger, regional accounting firms and related alliances. Works with leadership and the team to develop overall vision, strategy and execution plans. Work with strategic alliance managers and partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events and other marketing campaigns.
- Manage the KPIs and goals for the team, identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Partner with Sales to drive direct partner referrals and effective co-sell with partners. Identify key areas of alignment focused on specific industries or target growth markets.
- Work with strategic alliance managers on the team to effectively present and offer our solutions that are focused on these accounting firm relationships.
- Work directly with our Sales and Marketing organizations to develop more robust accounting channel-focused content and programs.
- Provide leadership and strategy with internal cross-functional stakeholders to increase our market penetration. Evangelize accounting partnerships to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and represent the voice of the partner within Avalara.
- Provide feedback to channel peers and leadership regarding market intelligence, competition, knowledge gaps and other valuable insights gained while working with partners.
- Act as a thought leader to Avalara on business and strategic issues relating to accounting firms and alliances.
- Evangelize the value of the accounting partner relationships internally and externally.
- Maintain key C-level and senior partner relationships to develop and implement strategies for expanding our partnership.
- Point of escalation for partner inquiries regarding sales, product, commissions, customer escalations, etc.
- Establish trusted relationships across executive leadership functions,
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university. MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of managing accounting channel partner relationships and selling with and through accounting firms and 3+ years of managing people in partnership roles.
- Deep understanding of the implementation process for a variety of ERP solutions
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that aﬀect cross-functional teams and have substantial impact on investments and program eﬀectiveness.
- Experience with building, developing and growing partnership teams that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Experience with technical product management and road mapping.
- Ability to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Technically savvy.
- Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of inﬂuenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Diligent at measuring and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plans
- Demonstrable proof of scaling capacity of global strategic partners' technology practices
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Exceptional track record of leveraging a partner ecosystem to build and close deals by working across all levels of the organization.
- Track record in hiring and developing a high-performing team.
- Capable of building trust quickly, developing and maintaining relationships.
- Ability to create genuine relationships in various environments including in-person, phone, email, and web meetings.
- Possess a solid sales foundation with an outgoing, optimistic personality.
- Engage effectively at the C-Suite and Executive level both internally and externally.
- Ability to travel as much as 60%
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with the ability take ownership and initiative approaching all tasks and projects proactively.
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger, longer term projects.
- Competency with Salesforce, Outlook, Excel and Office Suite; Tableau, Atlassian/Jira a plus.
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Effective problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and a positive approach.