LEAD RPA Developer
Compliance | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
As the Lead RPA Designer, you will have the opportunity to shape robotic process automation within Avalara’s Global Returns Service. A brilliant role for a self-starter, you will balance operational projects alongside mentoring a junior RPA Developer. This is the First COE (Centre of Excellence) for RPA that we are starting and therefore it is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate globally on how we can use RPA to enhance our offerings and efficiencies.
* Develop the strategic agenda relating to process automation, configuration and delivery of the successful automations using our UiPath Robotic Process Automations (RPA) solution.
* Actively mentor and coach the RPA developers.
* Monitor and work closely with Business Analysts and BPI Leads to understand the functional and technical design of new automations
* Develop new processes that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
* Ensure quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
* Work collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and User Acceptance Testing phases to fix assigned bugs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Experience with RPA tools (UiPath, Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere etc.)
* Demonstrable stakeholder management
* Understand business imperatives and requirements and translate these into functional and non-functional specifications
* Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
* A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered
* Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic
* Deliver pragmatic business and operational design solutions that maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
* Ability to resolve issues through strong problem solving skills: root cause analysis; engaging people from multiple business and IT teams where necessary.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com