Manager, Strategic Alliances
Sales | Remote, United StatesApply Now!
Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Manager for our NetSuite Alliances team.
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Avalara is revolutionizing a fundamental business process most people never even consider - sales tax compliance. We’ve set our sights on being part of every business transaction on the planet. How's that for a big idea? We've been hiring non-stop since the day we opened our doors and dramatically scaling up our sales organization. Come join the Orange Revolution!
The Manager of our NetSuite Alliance will lead the team responsible for our NetSuite Partnership. This person will have responsibility for our go‐to‐market strategy with NetSuite and will drive strategy and execution of programs to support our aggressive growth ambitions with this very strategic partnership. The NetSuite Team Manager is expected to run a fully integrated channel partner strategy through close collaboration across the organization with our sales, marketing, product development, business development, and services teams.
- Lead our team of NetSuite Alliance Managers to deliver aggressive growth results for Avalara by thinking creatively and innovatively on how best to leverage our NetSuite Partnership
- Establish and maintain executive, partner programs, sales and marketing relationships with key NetSuite team members
- Inspire, motivate and manage team members and take a solution driven approach to problem solving to consistently achieve and exceed our bookings and opportunity generation objectives.
- Drive success throughout the team with a relentless focus on metrics, performance and results
- Continually reassess and, if necessary realign the team’s strategy to react to changing dynamics within NetSuite to ensure we optimize performance.
- Develop a high degree of knowledge about Avalara's solutions and offerings
- Understand the marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the role
- Be the voice of NetSuite, its partners and customers internally at Avalara
- Collaborate closely with both Avalara’s Sales and Marketing teams and Marketing Solution Partner (MSP) teams to drive results
- Attend and work trade shows, NetSuite office days and Partner Events
- Domestic travel – 50%+
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience building, developing and managing partnerships
- Solid understanding of the ERP market and NetSuite and their go to market strategies
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills with a proven ability to network and interact across a partner organization from the C suite to the field sales, consulting and marketing organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.