Sr Systems Administrator
Information Technology | Shivajinagar, Pune, IndiaApply Now!
- Acts as a primary escalation point for Tier I\2 system administrators and engineers in remediating service requests and incidents, for both customers and internal operations.
- Primarily focused on assisting with the troubleshooting of various issues, service requests or incidents regarding networks, servers, end points, and user needs.
- Responsible for monitoring all networks, servers and building control systems
- Acts as first responder and POC to alerts and outages
- Works closely with Infrastructure team in US based HQ as well as Service Desk techs
- Manages, and executes security policies and security updates
- Act as POC for all local ISP, power, and IT related vendors
- Install, configure and provide subject-matter expertise on the various systems and appliances
- Put together project files in a timely manner and provide project management services when appropriate.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of Service Desk and Infra teams.
- Provide weekly metrics, updates and health reports to US HQ
- 5 - 8 years experience in technical support as a systems engineer
- 5 - 8 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
- 5 – 8 years experience in end user support
- Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, VM, VDI, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus.
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Experience with Jira (or equivalent) ticketing system
- Strong communication skills