Sr. Technical Writer
Technical Content Strategy and Learning | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Do you love code and have a passion for writing? Have you built tools to make your day-to-day life more efficient? If you thrive on making it faster for customers to get great content, and on developing systems to automate content publishing, this role is for you. Join Avalara and help us build an industry that's experiencing explosive growth. We are literally going where nobody has gone before.
As part of our growth strategy, we’re taking cloud automation to a new level. Our goal is to be a part of every transaction in the world. We know that giving customers the information they need is critical to our global success. As a Senior Technical Writer on the Customer Learning team, you'll create great learning experiences and systems that enable any user in the world to learn instantly about our products and services.
- Write, edit, and publish technical documentation around taxation information published to Avalara Help Center, Developer.Avalara.com and Avalara University
- Spearhead our efforts to automate taxation content from multiple sources so that it is consumable by external audiences
- Re-imagine the release notes process with automation and a collaborative authoring model
- Apply documentation design standards to produce high-quality learning material for various products and services
- Develop and implement international content strategy and systems for consumer and developer audiences
- Drive documentation planning with global engineering teams and content development partners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years as a programmer writer, technical writer, or content automation engineer in a relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of the content lifecycle, inclusive of editorial, art/design, and localization
- Experience using and developing on Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience designing and delivering developer and consumer documentation using web technologies and platforms
- Experience working directly with software development teams
- Ability to develop strategies to succeed in rapidly changing environments
- Experience with cloud computing and web service infrastructures
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building automated tooling for documentation systems
- Understanding of international content strategies and localization workflows
- Experience with XML Documentation for Adobe Experience Manager