Customer Account Manager
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
We are looking for a Customer Account Manager. In this position, you will be responsible for a segment of Avalara's EMEA customer portfolio and manage all retention, renewal, customer satisfaction, upgrades and add-on sales activities with a specific focus on maximising customer lifetime value.
The best people for this job have a high sense of urgency to deliver results, are ready to own outcomes, possess superb planning and time management skills, and deliver high value to customers in every interaction. Experience with business accounting concepts, ideally emphasizing VAT or Sales Tax, is a strong plus. You like to work with external customers and across departments within Avalara (Professional Services, Support, Marketing, and Finance) to resolve issues and explore opportunities.
- Establish a professional working relationship with day to day users up to the executive level
- Manage a pipeline of add-on and up sell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota
- Responsible for customer retention (revenue and logo) throughout the renewal sales cycle
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interaction, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organization to ensure renewal and expansion sales
- Understand a clients' business environment and uncover their sales tax, GST, and V A T challenges to recommend additional products/services
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Success Manager to promote client retention and satisfaction
- Create a win-win environment for the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to contracts, pricing and service fees.
- Leverage the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address client satisfaction issues
- Present a professional image via communication skills, both proactively and when under duress.
- Grow relationships with key client contacts to ensure we add value at every step and ultimately get a client to promote us to their peers
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the sales and CAM team
- Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to clients related to best practices in managing indirect tax.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
- Minimum 3 years of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience.
- Successful track record in reaching or exceeding goals in customer satisfaction, customer retention, and add on sales.
- Experience maintaining extraordinary external customer relationships.
- Solid communication, listening and writing skills.
- Able to work in a team environment with calm demeanour.
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts.
- Excellent understanding of business accounting practices related to indirect tax a strong plus.
- Good understanding of information systems implementation and support practices.
- Capable of working with people of varied technical and finance backgrounds
- Organised and reliable: able to work independently with little direction when necessary.
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and technical agility.
- Solid knowledge of desktop productivity tools and experience using CRM systems (e.g. salesforce.com).
- Multilingual capabilities are advantageous.
- Experience in business accounting or audit, especially as it relates to VAT and Sales Tax compliance. Experience in the Business Intelligence, Enterprise Analytics, Enterprise Performance Management, Budgeting/Planning is a definite plus.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, and excise tax, VAT, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. The company processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.