Software Development Engineer (R7806)
Engineering | Remote, WA, United States,Remote, AZ, United States,Remote, CA, United States,Remote, CO, United States,Remote, CT, United States,Remote, DC, United States,Remote, FL, United States,Remote, GA, United States,Remote, IA, United States,Remote, ID, United States,Remote, IL, United States,Remote, IN, United States,Remote, KS, United States,Remote, MA, United States,Remote, MD, United States,Remote, HI, United States,Remote, AL, United States,Remote, KY, United States,Remote, DE, United States,Remote, AR, United States,Anchorage, AK, United StatesApply Now!
- Work with product and other stakeholders(customers, other engineering teams, etc.) to get clarity on requirements
- Design the new feature(s) and ensure approval from all quarters
- Develop/enhance application by writing code (80%)
- Support production maintenance efforts including code release, defect resolution, launch planning
- Multi-task and manage expectations, details and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle-design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Perform Code Reviews on peer MRs to ensure standards are met
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing and deploying application in AWS
- Working familiarity with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Working familiarity building within CICD pipeline (GitLab, Terraform)
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting
- Planning, organizing, and decision making abilities with follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write great documentation
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Conscious and willing participant in Open- and Inner-Source code projects
- Willingness to continually learn
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, UK, Europe and India.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.