Business Analyst (R7860)
Information Technology | Remote, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
Are you excited to join something revolutionary? Do you want to be part of something special? If you answered yes to both those questions, keep reading! Avalara is looking for an extraordinary talent to innovate, design, and scale our Workday Payroll and Time Tracking related processes and systems serving both internal and external business partners. This hands-on technical role demands a strong analytical, data modeling and business analyst background. Preferred candidates will have experience designing, developing, and launching global Benefits and Absence configurations and programs in Workday that then feed the requisite data to other downstream systems that are integral to the Benefits and Absence processes such as Gallagher, Prudent among others.
- Maintain and manage Benefits and/or Absences related business processes, configurations (i.e. Benefits & Absences rules and eligibility, support and maintain Open Enrollment processes, Reporting), and key administrative features of Workday
- Troubleshoot issues and questions reported by the business related to Benefits & Absences
- Gather and document business requirements of new initiatives or changes to existing processes/procedures impacting Benefits & Absences
- Design, implement, test, and deploy business initiatives impacting Benefits & Absences
- Manage and support key technical initiatives to deploy additional Workday functionality on the application roadmap
- Evaluate new technological solutions and make recommendations to enhance Workforce user experience
- Develop appropriate documentation for architectural, design, technical, implementation and test activities.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in supporting/implementing Benefits & Absences applications in a corporate HRIS/IT role.
- Supported at least one end-to-end implementation of Workday Benefits & Absences OR Workday Benefits And/Or Absence PRO Certified
- Understanding of the impacts to Benefits & Absences processes and data feeds to other internal and external applications related to the relevant processes
- Hands-on configuration experience of Workday Core HR, Benefits & Absences modules
- Functional knowledge of Workday Security, Payroll, Time Tracking, and Compensation modules
- Ability to create, deploy, and maintain Workday custom reports and dashboards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and comfortable providing end user support and functional trainings
- Experience with Workday technologies - Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) Report Writer, Business Process Framework, Configurable Security, Calculated Fields
- Experience with Workday's Human Capital Management (HCM) suite - Benefits, Absences, Compensation, Payroll, Security, Recruiting and Time Tracking
- Experience with SOX principles and concepts
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers over a thousand pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Our diverse and inclusive culture drives Avalara's innovation and growth. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds, locations, and cultures. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERG) help us build culture and drive equity for all by removing systemic biases. ERGs help Avalara understand the cultural differences and needs of such under-represented groups.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.