Sales Development Representative
Sales | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Ideal candidates are eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Avalara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level. Who You Are:
- You are persistent. As a self-starter who takes initiative, you don't take “No” for an answer when achieving your goals.
- You are optimistic and fun. You know how to work hard, but also understand that joy and positivity is a key ingredient to success.
- You are humble and curious. You are eager to increase your skillset and embrace all opportunities to learn – from others, and from our own mistakes. You know that practice, commitment, and discipline will take you to the next level.
- l You take ownership. You don't make excuses and have a strong sense of accountability- for yourself, and others.
- You keep things simple. We are in the business of simplicity, and you communicate complex scenarios in ways that are easily understood.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products.
- Become an expert on products and services to be sold and maintain relevant industry knowledge.
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience.
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products.
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities.
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and the organization as a whole.
What's In It For You:
- In-house, high-performance sales and product knowledge training.
- Exceptional coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities.
- Casual, fun work environment including an onsite exercise facility, Tiki Lounge, summer BBQs and the Avalara Band!
- Solid Base Salary + Commission, 3 weeks' vacation plus holidays, Medical/Dental coverage, and more.
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics.
- Excellent written/verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.