Head of Compliance - Belgium
Compliance | Grimbergen, BelgiumApply Now!
Avalara is seeking a Head of Compliance to act as Fiscal Representative for Belgium clients.
- Using previous experience to help build on the existing GRS VAT Compliance processes as the service expands. Acting as Fiscal Representative for Belgium clients. Working with Tax authorities and clients.
- Supporting the development of a high performance and continuous improvement culture in the Enterprise team of the GRS centre.
- Define and implement working procedures to standardize processes, increasing efficiency and effectiveness, and taking advantage from any possible synergies.
- Establishing and monitoring performance against team and individual KPI's for Belgium and acting swiftly to oversee the achievement of agreed targets. This includes ensuring compliance with internal controls and processes.
- Working to and reviewing SLA’s both internally and externally.
- Working with sales teams to oversee the smooth delivery of customer service excellence. Accountability for team P&L.
- Driving process improvements and enhancing technology changes
- Ensuring any internal or external audit requirements are met
- Regularly updating senior stakeholders and gaining their support where required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in leadership roles in VAT Compliance, ideally with international exposure.
- A good understanding of finance or related business service centres.
- Strong technology and IT background, understanding how various platforms can work together to deliver improving efficiencies
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented, very hands-on and well developed execution skills
- Proven track record in leading and developing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English, Flemish & French, and any other languages will be an advantage
- The successful candidate must be highly results oriented and open to change. In addition, she/he must be used to deliver high quality work under pressure, changing priorities and time constraint.
- University degree in finance or business administration.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com