Compliance | Remote, OR, United StatesApply Now!
What you'll do....
- Monitor government agency websites to find new and changed tax laws
- Build productive working relationships with country, state, county, and city authorities to help track all tax law changes
- Maintain a laws database on internal website
- Collaborate with team and other departments
What you'll bring to the role....
- Relevant degree or certification (i.e. Accounting, Finance, Law, Economics) preferred
- A minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience
- Experience in internet research
- Familiarity with laws and legislative processes
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to quickly complete projects with a high level of accuracy
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.