Sales Development Representative
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast growing cloud technology business in a complicated, exciting & high growth area of regulatory compliance? We are looking for highly energetic, customer-centric, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development organisation as an Inside Sales/ Sales Development Representative.
You will gain experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. Avalara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level.
What's In It For You:
- In-house, sales and product knowledge training
- Coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities
- Casual, fun, multicultural work environment including Tiki Lounge, Roof terrace & summer BBQs
- Solid Base Salary + Commission + employee benefits
What You’ll Do:
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Build an excellent knowledge of products and services to be sold
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and with the organization as a whole.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Secondary European language preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred
- Experience of corporate experience, (Software sales is a plus).
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Prior Inside Sales/ Sales Development Representative
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales and excise tax, VAT, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. The company processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com