Account Development Representative
Sales | Remote, WV, United StatesApply Now!
Account Development Representative Description
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate and easy to use. Avalara's end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara is seeking bold and competitive Account Development Representatives (ADRs) to identify net new prospects and high value opportunities through outbound prospecting.
You will work closely with the marketing partners to research lists of companies to target, work through email and telephone campaigns, and engage prospects to create opportunities and schedule meetings with our sales teams to generate new business.
The function of an ADR serves as an integral part of our sales process. This position is designed to provide the opportunity for skill progression and promotion into a full-cycle sales role and will be the beginning of your career in an exciting, innovative, and growing SaaS company.
Who You Are:
- You have passion and a strong sense of urgency. You live and breathe the pursuit of success and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You recognize your time is now.
- You are optimistic and fun. You know how to work hard, but also understand that joy and positivity is a key ingredient to accomplishing your goals.
- You are humble and curious. You know you can improve and embrace all opportunities to learn – from others, and from our own mistakes. You ask “why?” every day and constantly seek ways to develop your skills.
- You take ownership. You don't make excuses and have a strong sense of accountability- for yourself, and others.
- You keep things simple. We are in the business of simplicity, and you communicate complex scenarios in ways that are easily understood.
- You are fearless, methodical, tenacious, and creative. You get things done.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
What You'll Do
- Generate quality opportunities and schedule meetings for our sales teams utilizing leads/contacts provided by marketing via telephone, email, and other creative means
- Become an expert on products and services to be sold and maintain relevant industry knowledge
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through scheduled follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products via data-driven processes
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and the organization as a whole
What's In It For You
- In-house, high-performance sales and product knowledge training
- Exceptional coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities
- Casual, fun work environment including an onsite exercise facility, Tiki Lounge, summer BBQs and the Avalara Band!
- Solid Base Salary + Commission, competitive vacation package, Medical/Dental coverage, and more
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related studies preferred
- A minimum 5 years relevant professional experience with a desire to sell SaaS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Salesforce.com (CRM)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 700 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.