Senior UX/UI Engineer
Engineering | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Senior UX/UI Engineer
You will be the person designing and building the front-end UI across a range of products, to make the user experience simple, intuitive, consistent and representative of the Avalara brand values. You will be expected to make a difference and that difference will be highly visible to Avalara’s thousands of customers. So don’t settle for being a tiny cog in a big machine or waiting for customers to arrive – you can have all the benefits of a startup and an immediate impact on real customers at Avalara.
The successful candidate will be an expert in the development of elegant solutions to complex business domains. They will take delight collaborating with project stakeholders to further simplify the most comprehensive taxation SaaS product on the market.
Strong familiarity with Agile (SCRUM) methodologies is essential, along with an understanding of the challenges using Agile processes to coordinate projects spanning multiple teams. The candidate will be proactive and not afraid to drive a conversation to get what's needed.
The candidate will be also responsible for creating new services to analyze and visualize the rich data that supports Avalara's business. You will independently create systems from multiple sources to deliver a cohesive user experience. This position requires initiative on the part of the candidate to identify where the value lies in a business and help to prototype systems and visualizations in support of that vision.
- Implement features with high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, maintainable code.
- Develop a big picture understanding of the customer use cases and detailed business requirements for which the software provides solutions.
- Create scalable new front-end services to support the business needs of Avalara’s expansion into new markets.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Self-motivated, passionate, and hard working with the ability to perform at a fast pace with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years of designing and building successful web-based software applications and solutions.
- Experience with Visual Studio, .NET framework, C#, Web API, and ASP.net MVC.
- Knowledge of end-to-end testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for clean and complete documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, and GitHub is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- And insatiable drive to DELIGHT customers.
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Experience in accounting, VAT or a transactional tax service is desirable.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience working with International Engineering teams.