Sr. Financial Analyst
Finance | Remote, WA, United StatesApply Now!
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst who is passionate about driving strategic and operational improvements. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and financial planning background and experience with SaaS business models. In this role, you will work with executive leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to plan, forecast and advise leadership in our Engineering and Product Management functions to drive improved margins and efficiency. You will also report performance against forecast and plan, and identify risk and opportunities to the executive leadership team. Experience in forecasting, SaaS FP&A or Accounting and presenting to executive leaders is preferred. A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and unyielding sense of ownership and pride in your work is a must!
This is an exciting, high-profile role, rich in analytics and plays a critical role to support strategic decision-making. The role offers the opportunity to obtain a 'big picture' view of Avalara's performance while at the same time improving processes to drive forecast efficiencies and accuracy, as well as operational improvements to help the bottom line. This position will be integral to Avalara's ability to successfully execute on our long-term vision and objectives
· Lead annual corporate planning processes including establishing a consistent framework for modeling that allows insight into forecasts and assumptions
· Develop and evolve a sense of trust and partnership with executive leadership
· Prepare monthly/quarterly reports to track performance against forecasts.
· Integrate forecasting processes across business segments with particular focus on acquisition integration and data consistency.
· Improve our internal process and procedures, establishing best-practices as well as leading change and improvements to enable the team to scale and grow
· Build trusted partnerships with corporate finance and planning teams to ensure consistent strategy, measurement, and reporting across the organization.
· Work closely with reporting and technical teams to build reporting requirements for key business partners and stakeholders.
· Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally with senior business leaders and C-suite to provide in-depth analysis and actionable insights to improve processes and drive bottom line results
· Advise/help manage building out the Vista required reporting and Adaptive development roadmap for projects and initiatives
· 8+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A, investment banking, and/or management consulting in the technology industry
· Advanced modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience with SaaS business models
· Experience managing Adaptive model or similar (Anaplan, Planful, etc.)
· US GAAP knowledge
· Advanced proficiency in Excel
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related relevant areas.
· Good interpersonal skills; able to work effectively with personnel throughout the company including senior business leaders and C-suite
· Positive attitude, collaborative, and comfortable in a fluid environment; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· MBA and/or CFA preferred