Customer Excellence- Senior Specialist- Vertical Market Industries
Customer Success | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
The Customer Excellence team is looking for a program manager and customer advocate to partner with leaders in Avalara's Vertical Market Industries (formerly Strategic Initiative Group) business to improve customer experience.
- Have a flair in managing projects in all stages.
- Able to identify a problem, propose a solution, and make it happen.
- Passionate about serving the customer.
- A team player and strong collaborator with cross-functional teams.
- Flexible to work in rotational shift (preferably night shift).
- Build relationships with leaders of Avalara's Vertical Market Industries (BevAlc, MyLodge, Excise, Telecom and newly acquired companies).
- Engage with internal teams to establish customer experience goals and priorities.
- Create a roadmap based on these priorities and drive related strategic initiatives.
- Manage and support customer health forums to drive tactical customer experience improvements.
- Identify opportunities to align VMI with core business processes and infrastructure.
- Deliver program updates and reports in a periodic cadence.
- Strong sense of customer advocacy; ability to articulate a broad view of customer needs to the appropriate stakeholders within Avalara.
- Able to translate strategic goals into an actionable roadmap while balancing big picture and immediate needs.
- Strong program management experience with an ability to influence and deliver key outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills and change-management principles.
- Able to align cross-functional teams and drive change.
- Able to navigate and balance across multiple stakeholders with differing opinions and priorities.
- Able to make data-driven recommendations and to build a business case from disparate sources of data.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- A positive, curious, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Typically 5+ years supporting and managing customer experience improvement initiatives in a technology organization.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience).
- Will be working only US PST hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of Avalara processes and products.
- Project management certification (e.g., PMP or PRINCE2)
- CSM certification.
What's in it for You
- Be a part of a world class team of customer champions.
- Work with an organization that gives an amazing work life balance.
- Competitive compensation and medical benefits.
- A state of art office to work from.
- Learn from the best in the business.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.