Customer Experience Analyst
Sales | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Enterprise Customer Renewal and Experience Manager
Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking an Enterprise Customer Renewal & Experience Manager focused on developing Avalara's growing Enterprise customer segment. Today, more than 10% of the Fortune 500 have adopted Avalara as their sales tax automation and compliance solution and we're just getting started!
Our team is quickly expanding, and we are seeking an expert to join our Enterprise Customer Account Management Team. This candidate will be in-charge of managing Annual Recurring Revenue Contracts along with using their superior analytical abilities to determine areas of improvement for our customer's journey. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Accounts.
Scope of Responsibilities
Lead subscription renewal activities: The candidate will need to be a self-starter, detail-oriented, flexible in a fast-paced work environment and committed to learning Avalara's renewals & business processes. The candidate will support the Enterprise Accounts Renewals team, including (but not limited to) deal structure questions, data quality reviews and incremental revenue calculations, while ensuring the customer is compliant with current pricing, contract terms and company policies.
In addition to renewal activities, the candidate will also be active in analyzing data that will support changes in designing points of interaction between the customer and the company to enhance customer experience processes, products and services. Candidate will design and implement systems for collecting, consolidating and analyzing data to produce metrics and identify areas of improvement in the customer journey.
- Provide internal opportunity management support to Enterprise and Enterprise Account Customer Account Managers on pre- and post-renewals.
- Perform incremental revenue calculations.
- Construct, deconstruct and solve complex forecasting issues.
- Ensure all approved requests have been properly documented in accordance with Renewals processes, escalated to the appropriate approval level, and resolved within service level agreement objectives.
- Effectively communicate requirements and respond to Customer Account Manager's on questions regarding policies and processes.
- Participate in new process development and process improvement projects, as well as other ad hoc projects.
- Share best practices with and provide cross training for peers, team members and internal business partners units to enhance the quality and efficiency of support and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Establish strong relationships with Finance, Operations, Customer Experience, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Work independently on assignments and escalations that are diverse in scope, requiring seasoned judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Apply knowledge, skills and judgment to make moderately difficult decisions and resolve issues.
- Gain strong level of expertise in the Avalara CRM – Salesforce.com
- 5-10 years of experience in business-to-business relationship management
- Problem Solver. Able to clearly identify a problem, propose a solution, and resolve the issue.
- Multi-Tasking. The ability to deal with a highly transactional work environment. You will have to be able to excel at time management and prioritization among many demands.
- Detail Oriented. You handle details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Determination: Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Passionate about delivering an inspiring customer experience
- Ability to handle customer facing calls and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- History of working effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to work hard, be strategic, and do the right thing for the business
- Advanced experience and working knowledge with MS Office (especially Excel), Salesforce CRM, PowerBi and Tableau
- Avalara.com application experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You're uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and producing simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You use data to drive problem solving and recommendations.
Tenure/familiarity with software-as-a-service (SaaS), information services, analytic tools, or data analytics or business intelligence