Sales Development Representative
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast-growing cloud technology business in a complicated, exciting & high growth area of Insurance? We are looking for highly energetic, customer-centric, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our new business sales organisation as a Sales Development Representative/Inside Sales.
You will gain experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of organisations within the indirect tax & risk management sector and across a broad geographical area. Avalara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided with the tools, resources and leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level.
This position is office based from our EMEA headquarters located right outside Brighton station.
• Generate a hive of activity to develop suspects & prospects into qualified leads.
• Create a great first impression to our prospects by providing them with a world-class experience.
• Learn and develop skills to operate within this specialised and diverse sector which is largely misunderstood.
• Build an excellent knowledge of products and services to be sold.
• Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase potential interest in Avalara products.
• Drive prospect participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences.
• Achieve monthly quotas of outbound interactions by phone, email and other creative tools to improve lead development and sales accepted opportunities.
• Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and with the organisation as a whole.
• Curious, ambitious and achievement orientated.
• Persistent and positive by nature.
• Strong desire to be in technology sales and determined to succeed.
• Experience being held to and motivated by metrics.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• French, Italian or Spanish language would be preferable.
• Sales trained or bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
• Software sales experience would be highly desirable.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, insurance policy written or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com