Infrastructure Technical Program Manager
Information Technology | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
At Avalara, we believe moving fast but also doing things right. Our position for an Infrastructure Technical Program Manager is critical in the execution of project planning where multiple stakeholders and dependencies need to be tracked and individuals held accountable. These stakeholders are primarily Engineering, Product and/or IT teams that require a high level of coordination and technical expertise to execute on company objectives.
As an Infrastructure Technical Program Manager you will create and own project plans based on project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to market and budgets. You will partner with colleagues in different roles to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments to identify dependencies and possible issues across teams, including prioritization conflicts. During the planning process, you will help communicate clear and actionable deliverables of various Product & Engineering initiatives.
- Manage complex technical projects, tracking deadlines, deliverables, resources, and timelines.
- Drive implementation of technical solutions and ensure third party resources efforts are seamlessly integrated in the project plans.
- Adapt plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery aligned with the stated project goals.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, each with varying priority, timelines and resource requirements.
- Inform project teams and senior leaders where resources are currently being placed and adjust workflows and identify resourcing gaps accordingly.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure documentation, supporting materials and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams, senior leaders as well as external partners/stakeholders.
- Facilitate all retrospective reviews of projects completed, particularly when projects didn’t go according to schedule.
- Build strong relationships and maintain regular communication with assigned customer contacts to understand and manage performance/service expectations.
- Strong working knowledge of core IT infrastructure including networking, servers, storage, Active Directory, Okta, AWS, Azure, and others.
- At least 3 years as a Program Manager/Technical Program Manager at an organization with at least 1000 employees.
- Highly proficient with business applications such as JIRA, Confluence, GSuite, Microsoft Office suite, other applicable project tracking and reporting applications.