Software Development Engineer 2 (6026)
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Join a team is central to a number of critical business processes that focuses on the overall growth and efficiency of the company! We work outside of, but directly with, individual product teams to build out a common data layer used to interface our disparate portfolio of products with the back-end corporate systems.
If you’re experienced in Node, with two or more years of general development experience and a passion for back-end services that have a big impact, then this may be the right role for you! We build on top of AWS Lambda, and leverage a number of other cloud-enabled solutions giving your chance to keep up with all of the newest bleeding-edge technologies. The role is in Avalara Hawk Tower, just outside of Pioneer Square.
- Participate as a scrum member – estimating and evaluating existing stories, as well as writing new stories.
- Develop and deliver enhancements to the existing code base by crafting well-documented, modular, and testable code.
- Focus on quality and long-term code through code-review process.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Computer science degree or equivalent (3+ years) of experience
- 3 years of experience
- Experience with a modern software development language
- Experience with back-end API development in any language
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Great documentation skills to share your skills
- Solid architectural chops
- Experience with back-end API development in Node.js
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Cloud operations, deployment, and orchestration (AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform)
- Experience with node.js full stacks (React, Express.js, GraphQL, Git)
- Experience with architecting small solutions at an individual component level.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.