Senior Software Developer In Test
Engineering | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
- Engage in continuous automated and manual testing activity throughout agile development iterations to ensure zero defects
- Participate in iteration planning, providing input on required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories
- Create and manage bug reports, ensuring they are clearly communicated to the team and addressed in a timely, thorough, and satisfactory manner
- Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support
- Be a passionate voice of the customer within the development organization
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Significant demonstrable related work experience including writing test cases, test plans and code coverage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- A strong understanding of test methodologies and software engineering by testing one or more products throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Strong QA skills: planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting
- Experience building automation in Browser and RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience using various tools such as jMeter, Selenium, WebDriver, SOAPUI
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience using Jenkins for CI, CT
- Experience in performance, load and reliability engineering
- Great problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration, follow-up and self-motivation
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com