Lead Software Engineer (R4627)
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United States,Remote, NC, United StatesApply Now!
- Work with product and other stakeholders (customers, other engineering teams, etc.) to get clarity on requirements.
- Design the new feature(s) and ensure approval from all quarters.
- Develop/enhance application by writing code (50% time writing code that goes to production, not just POC's). If a new module, could be in some other language.
- If a new module, could be in some other language.
- Production support may also be needed.
- Minimum of 12 years work experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Experience to build CI / CD pipeline (GitLab, Terraform)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing and deploying application in AWS
- Candidate should have experience with development using a MVC Design Pattern
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with Java and/or .NET Core development
- Experience with Vue and Node
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting
- Planning, organizing, and decision making abilities with follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write great documentation
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle-design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Willingness to continually learn
- Perform Code Reviews on teammates code check-ins to ensure standards are met
- Lead and mentor other less experienced software engineers
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara's headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.