Program Manager, Knowledge Centered Service (KCS)
Customer Support | Seattle, WA, United States,Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is looking for a KCS Program Manager that will own & lead the continuous improvement of our Knowledge Centered Service. The KCS Program Manager will be responsible for generating a KCS culture that improves the adoption of self-service and improved efficiency for faster resolutions to known issues. KCS is an industry best practice and methodology that maximizes success by driving a culture of creating, managing, and sharing knowledge among employees, agents, and customers. As the Avalara KCS Program Manager, you understand that capturing and sharing knowledge is an integral part of the issue resolution and prevention workflow.
- The development, implementation and continued improvement of a KCS strategy across Avalara Global Support Organization and the organization as a whole.
- Implementing KCS strategy by creating plans and executing on deliverables in collaboration with the Avalara Global Support Leadership Team
- As the Project Manager for a KCS Adoption Team; establishing and driving regular meetings with the adoption team and advising and educating around online support optimization.
- Collaborating with customer support managers across global regions to define and deliver a comprehensive training program that incorporates key roles in the KCS strategy.
- Creating a culture of knowledge sharing by communicating the vision and shifting support teams to the role of proactive knowledge workers.
- Auditing existing content. Creating a migration plan and executing on the plan with the adoption team.
- Regularly reporting on performance metrics and insights as it pertains to the program to assist leadership to drive continuous improvement.
- Establishing clear accountability in all managers to make KCS a core competency, integral to business processes and success.
- Designing, implementing and creating a consistent experience that continuously improves the customer experience.
- Deploying and ensuring ongoing success of the KCS program for managing content, including content development, maintenance strategies and key performance indicators to manage program efficiency.
- Providing knowledge workers with continuous visibility to the impact of their contributions.
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience of owning the KCS strategy, and driving its implementation and adoption, preferably within a technology business (ideally SaaS). You will be a self-motivated individual, able to work autonomously and cross-functionally, with great time-management skills. You will be willing and able to work in a busy, dynamic environment, as part of a global team to deliver customer excellence and success. You will be attention focused and hold a high degree of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional efforts without directly managing the participants
- Strong bias for action: A track record of autonomy, leadership and self-direction
- Can identify a problem, propose a solution, and make it happen. Adaptable/Flexibility: Quickly adjusts to changing requirements remaining open to alternative approaches
- Thorough understanding of the processes, procedures, and expectations of a technical support or customer support operation
- Experience with writing and maintaining detailed process/program documentation
- Experience implementing transformation programs and processes
- 5 years relevant work experience within KCS, or 3 years and a Bachelor's Degree or higher