Information Technology | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
The Atlassian Administrator is a Jira and Confluence subject matter expert responsible for providing Atlassian suite application management, support, and operations for our internal organization.
This position is part of the Avalara IT organization and will work with business stakeholders to implement and continuously improve process and integration with other internal business applications.
Major Job Activities
- Provide recommendations to various lines of business on best practices and standardization in implementing and leveraging processes within the Atlassian Suite
- Work with teams across the organization to discover, scope, and implement Jira and Confluence workflows that meet their business needs.
- Research and provide recommendations on Atlassian products, plug-ins, and roadmap features for future enhancements to support business objectives
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, and permission and notification schemes
- Create and maintain a governance plan for JIRA and Confluence
- Configure metrics, dashboards, reports, and advanced filters in JIRA/eazyBI/Confluence to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Liaise between internal customers and external vendors for more complex work involving custom code or for projects that require expert consultation
- Facilitating plugin research, procurement, testing and implementation
- Jira Service Desk and Portfolio administration and customization
- Manage 3rd party application hosting vendor relationship
- Accountable for day to day service management and operations of hosted environment, including monitoring, security, vulnerability remediation, performance, data protection and disaster recovery
- 4+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian Products such as JIRA Core, JIRA Software, Confluence, and key 3rd-party add-ons
- Experience in administering, customizing JIRA projects, and performing migrations
- Experience with SDLC, ITIL, and Agile Frameworks
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Vendor management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with leading ITSM tools like ServiceNow or BMC Helix/Remedy is a plus
- Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation for 24x7 support
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world. Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.