Professional Services | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
- To serve the needs of the clients of the Managed Services department by providing customer service and account oversight over email and phone, processing tax documents, and conducting customer contact campaigns. The Account Specialist is directly responsible for assigned accounts and indirectly responsible for all other accounts.
- Ability to work independently with accurate time management and priority setting
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for assigned responsibilities
- Critical thinking
- Ability to learn technology
- Customer service
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Basic proficiency with SalesForce
- Bachelor’s degree
- SaaS experience
- Familiarity with sales tax exemption certificates
- Direct responsibility for assigned clients and indirect responsibility for all clients of Managed Services
- Maintaining client satisfaction by meeting requests via email and phone in a timely fashion
- Attend status meetings with client to review current activities
- Review and update client policies as necessary
- Reinforce our role as a partner to the client by providing advice and best practices
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert on assigned client accounts
- Assigned accounts will vary in complexity, a minority of assigned accounts will be defined as complex
- Ensure that contractual obligations of assigned clients are being met
- Perform quality checks on certificate validations both within the formal QA process and informally ad hoc
- Ensure campaigns are sent timely and accurately with customer approval
- Give the greater Account Specialist team guidance in order to give successful campaign support over the phone
- Staff phone queue and ensure there is always coverage before logging off
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert of Avalara’s tax document management software
- Support Avalara’s tax document management software by raising bugs and enhancements with management and participating in pre-release testing
- Support accounts’ Customer Account Managers (CAMs) by providing data and reports for billing inquiries and SOW development
- Processing campaign returns
- Processing of tax documents
- Performing ad hoc certificate collection campaigns via phone
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by management
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.