Sr. Manager, Technical Support
Customer Support | Durham, NC, United States,Seattle, WA, United States,Remote, United StatesApply Now!
The Manager, Technical Account Management is responsible for managing Technical Account Managers (TAM), providing in-depth subject matter knowledge to our customer base, and to various departments within Avalara for multiple products. This involves working directly with customer experience, loyalty, engineering, and product management to ensure timely customer communication, driving rapid issue resolution.
As part of the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you will take ownership of technical issues and be expected to live by our ‘Cult of the customer' philosophy and will be held accountable for increasing the overall satisfaction of our enterprise customer base through assisting in the creation and implementation of customer centric processes and workflow, performing to prescribed metrics goals, and contributing to an environment of accountability, growth, and positive employee morale.
This position may require weekend and/or evening work as required, across multiple time zones.
- Manage a team of Technical Account Managers who deliver enterprise technical support across all Avalara products.
- Develop the vision, goals, priorities, and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality customer service and ongoing technical skill development.
- Continued build-out of team excellence, to drive increased adoption of Enterprise support by customers in conjunction with CAM and CX team collaboration.
- Independently recognize trends in customer feedback and escalate issues within the company.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to translate customer needs into product offering opportunities.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Loyalty to ensure adherence with ideal customer experience.
- Interact directly with Senior Management within other departments to resolve high profile escalations and issues, and drive initiatives that improve the enterprise customer experience.
- Resolve high-profile escalations and issues, improve the customer experience, and drive initiatives that increase their probability of success.
- Manage TAM team to ensure adherence to TAC quality assurance goals, SLAs and team metrics.
- Develop comprehensive team product training programs from beginner to expert.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience building and leading a technically focused, customer-facing, advanced experience support team.
- Strong team collaborator, across multiple functional areas.
- Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based and/or Desktop, commerce applications. Experience with Accounting Software and taxation a strong plus.
- Experience with a mainstream ERP/CRM/Accounting software package, such as: NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics/D365/AX, SageX, Salesforce, Magento, Shopify, or similar systems.
- Experienced in Salesforce use and ticket queue management to include:
- Ticket assignment base on skill set
- Workload analysis and assignment balancing
- Advanced ticket driver analysis and root cause identity
- Account distribution and harmonization
- Expertise in creating data driven reporting metrics, enhancing the Avalara Enterprise support experience.
- Advanced issue troubleshooting skills for the most efficient resolution and/or escalations
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for enterprise customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Exceptional judgment with a strong analytical mind and ability to drive resolve across complexed enterprise accounts.
- Background in accounting and taxation
- Technical competency in APIs and data manipulation.
- Proficiency in technical workings of at one or more core Avalara applications, to include:
- API functionality (Function and error identification)
- AvaTax connector functionality (Big 5)