Data Analyst R3430
Compliance | Brighton, United Kingdom,Remote, United Kingdom,London, England, United KingdomApply Now!
The Data Analyst role is responsible in delivering business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. They will work closely with diverse stakeholder groups and teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
It is essential that the Data Analyst can build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They will provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. This includes working with the wider data team to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
FLEXIBLE UK LOCATION.
- Explores complex data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms using analytical tools such as Power BI to create visual reporting
- Directs, organizes, and leads BI workstream projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Participates in project management estimation process.
- Conducts analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects
- Evaluates internal and external customers' needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Partner BI systems.
- Leads or provides direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user testing efforts.
- Confident using Python.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing and optimisation of algorithms.
- Typically requires 5 or more years of Business Analysis, Data Analysis or related technical experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Powerbi, Tableau.
- Data Science, Computer Science or equivalent degree.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Europe, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com