Senior Tax Analyst - Avalara for Accountants
Compliance | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
The Avalara for Accounts team is a revenue generating organization that also plays a key role in driving AvaTax growth through delivering on returns filing services. We organized compliance around pillars of customer success – including: Returns Experience, Returns Management and Customer Advocacy. The Tax Analyst for Avalara for Accountants, will have responsibility to advance Avalara's AvaTax/Returns Services by driving the evolution of features and future direction of automation in pursuit of “customer self-service.” Compliance drives significant revenue as part of monthly sales and use tax returns filing services for customers. Presence in the Seattle, WA and Durham, NC office is essential for the team's success and for building key cross-functional relationships.
- Prepare, review, and file multi-jurisdictional sales/use, business and occupation, and gross receipts tax returns for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual filings
- Manage a select group of accounting firms as their primary point of contact
- Maintain/update client filing calendar information
- Research and resolve jurisdictional notices on behalf of clients
- Perform QA related to sales/use tax content and form changes
- Prepare reconciliations or other pre/post filing tasks as assigned
- Identify ways to improve process and/or technology to better serve our clients
- Manage workload to effectively meet deadlines
- 2+ years in multi-jurisdictional sales and use tax preparation and filing.
- For senior role: 3+ years preparing and filing sales and use tax returns
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently yet still function as a team player
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to different software applications and tools
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access (functions include power pivot, vlookup, hlookup, etc.)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm, large corporate tax department of a multinational company, or large ERP integration is a plus.