Senior Manager of Tax, EMEA
Finance | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
The Finance team at Avalara is seeking a Senior Manager of Tax, EMEA; a newly created role to support our internal global tax function.
The role is an exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing technology company and is ideal for individuals who have European income tax, European value-added tax (VAT), and transfer pricing experience.
The role will be responsible for managing a broad range of European tax matters including tax accounting, tax compliance, tax research, transfer pricing, withholding taxes, and audit management related to European taxes.
The role will work closely with internal teams, including EMEA Finance, US Finance, and Legal, and will help manage external tax advisors.
The role reports to the Senior Director of Tax located in the US.
- Partner with Finance team members to develop efficient and reliable processes to ensure all European tax obligations are timely and accurately met.
- Review VAT returns, income tax returns, and income tax provision calculations.
- Manage tax audits and prepare information requested by auditors.
- Participate in M&A activities including tax due diligence and the integration of acquired companies.
- Monitor European tax law and regulatory changes, communicate implications to stakeholders, and modify processes in response.
- Provide external service providers with information necessary for income tax returns, income tax provision calculations, research credit claims, and other projects.
- Ensure compliance with transfer pricing requirements.
- Assist with intercompany contracts, intercompany transactions, and statutory financial statements.
- Execute tax-related internal controls and develop and maintain internal control documentation.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting or Tax education and/or a professional qualification in Accounting and/or Tax (e.g. CTA, ACA, ACCA, CA, or CPA).
- Minimum 7-years of combined experience at a public accounting firm and in industry.
- Experience managing both income tax and indirect tax matters across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Advanced Excel skills, strong knowledge of other MS Office software, and experience with general accounting systems (NetSuite a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively with and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in other languages.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com