Pricing, Senior Manager
Marketing | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is looking for a Pricing, Senior Manager. In this role, you will need to be comfortable interfacing with various functional teams and have a passion for data analysis, financial modeling, and strategy. The candidate will need to be a business-minded data scientist.
This person is expected to hit the ground running with advanced SQL knowledge, understanding of ETL tools and experience building reports/dashboards in powerful visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
Seeking a strong team player: building and maintaining strong relationships within the team and across the company is vital to success in this role.
- Define annual price optimization initiatives by analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to develop a compelling pricing strategy
- Work with product management to understand product roadmap and feature functionality to develop pricing and packaging recommendations
- Collaborate across Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Finance teams
- Create compelling materials to simplify complicated topics for decision making
- Develop subject matter expertise on competitive pricing practices and trends, monitor and disseminate changes in the field and analyze the impact on both the business and account level
- Partner with Sales and Business Development to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations
- Support annual Planning Process w/FP&A team
- Influence GMs and Product Management on product monetization
- 5+ years combined in data engineering, business intelligence and/or in-app embedded analytics
- Proven ability to combine business and technical acumen and process expertise to define client (internal/external) engagement and program execution
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Advanced SQL and data visualization experience preferred
- Prior experience in SFDC, Tableau, and RDMS strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or Economics
- MBA preferred