Program Manager – Customer Excellence
Sales | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Avalara, passionate about Voice of the Customer programs, managing Customer Data Strategy, analyzing customers and internal data working alongside with Business and IT and advancing Avalara’s Net Promoter Score (NPS), improve retention, minimize customer churn, evaluate internal algorithms (CPO) on customer’s sentiment towards the product and Avalara? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, excited about process, data, technology, driving visibility and enabling change across the business on Customers feedback within Avalara? If so, then look no further than the Customer Excellence Team!
Within Avalara, the Customer Excellence team’s focus is on delivering programs that listen to our customers’ feedback, drive insights back into business and seek to ensure a great experience for our customers. We bring the voice of the customer thru data insights to cross functional teams and drive learnings across products, processes and technology to increase customer success with Avalara.
Our team is looking for a Program Manager that brings great teamwork, positive attitude, high-energy leadership, and program execution excellence to our customer-focused team. Customer empathy and relentless drive to help customers feel more confident on the platform are key attributes to being successful.
This role requires strong program management skills, analytical fluency, ability to work with business and technical teams, technical knowledge across the breadth of data analysis, and an instinct for and appreciation of the importance of customer experience. We are looking for someone who knows how to combine Program Management and data analysis to drive genuine customer-first thinking.
- Gather Business Requirements from various business stakeholders specific to each Customer Experience program
- Facilitate hosting internal stakeholder meetings to drive change across the business functions and drive programs specific to Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Manage communication of progress within the core team and external stakeholders and escalate issues as necessary
- Manage Customer data strategy within the business to drive efficient customer reporting
- Facilitate a program to roll out a new Customer Community platform
- Work with business owners, internal customers, and execution teams to turn strategies and requests into actionable programs
- Work with stakeholders and execution teams to estimate project scope, constraints, gaps, dependencies and risks. Ensure coordination and timeliness of execution,
- Estimate scope to create timelines and workback schedules, map to available resources, and make recommendations to increase delivery efficiencies
- Ensure stories are prioritized into the appropriate queue and projects are being executed against continuous delivery timelines
- Facilitate cross-team/department requirements, checklists, and roadmaps
- Maintain full project visibility by continuously updating documentation and roadmaps with feedback from business and technical teams
- Work with BizTech team to identify resourcing and capacity planning
- Own team Wiki’s, documentation, project card templates, internal communication
- You have a passion for customer excellence and strive for internal process improvement
- You work with a sense of urgency
- You are an effective communicator and facilitator
- You possess very strong organizational skills
- You have experience with data analysis and modeling
- You have program and project management experience
- You have at minimum a Bachelor's degree and 10+ years business analysis/program management experience
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- You have expertise in building process maps and journey mapping.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize NPS, Retention, Churn and Customer centric programs.
- Experience working across the organization at all levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Demonstration of the Avalara Success Traits.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.