Software Development Engineer, Global UI
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Join us as a Software Engineer as we grow Avalara's flagship product – AvaTax – to become part of every transaction in the world!
We need a talented Full-Stack Engineer (stronger UI focus) to join us. Is that you?
You can deliver on efficiency for our web-applications. You are a champion of inner-source contributions, and can give back to our user experience, data access, and RESTful API projects. You embrace creative thinking and are excited to further Avalara's position as the technology leader in the business tax space. You will also have excellent cross-functional interaction and communication skills, a real passion for innovative web-based technologies, and a positive get-it-done attitude.
- Demonstrate high-quality software engineering practices
- Help guide, and make, technical decisions
- Successfully execute development assignments
- Give back to our developer community
- React, Vue, Angular, Backbone, Ember, Riot or similar
- HTML and CSS expertise including Less, Sass or similar
- Webpack or similar
- Node.js or a desire to learn
- .NET framework 4.7.1 or higher
- SOA and integrating with RESTful APIs
- AWS experience
Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years shipping quality code
- Experience developing customer-facing web applications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate equally well with Product Owners, Experience Designers, and fellow Software Engineers
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.