Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
The Technical Support Engineer will provide and in-depth level of technical support to our customer base and various departments within Avalara for specified software and SaaS products. This involves taking customer phone calls, responding to customer emails and chats in a timely manner.
- Serve as front line contact for external customers by answering technical support telephone calls and emails
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of SaaS software applications
- Act as an advocate for the customer and effectively communicate feedback to and from the members of our product development, product management etc. in a very clear and concise method
- Take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution
- Assist internal groups with technical issues and inquiries
- Set up test environments to verify reported software bugs and record in our issue tracking system - Jira
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records on our ticket tracking system – Salesforce
- Create support documentation to be used internally as well as for customers
- Meet individual case management, SLA and C-SAT goals
- Proactively monitor the customer’s environment by running reports and activity logs and product usage to identify application issues that prevent customers from achieving system supported business objectives
- Maintain customer support call communications in our CRM application - Salesforce
- Help expand the knowledge base towards self-serving customers by producing relevant, accurate documentation like FAQs, User manuals, Installation guides etc
- Effectively train customers on Avalara product(s)
- Should be able to write basic database queries and troubleshoot customer issues
- Be open to accept additional responsibilities assigned to meet the deadlines
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Education - BE, MCA, MCS
- Soft Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience, providing direct technical support to external customers by phone and electronically
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations, in a professional manner
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both orally and written Business communication, with individuals of varying technical skills and abilities
- Work collaboratively with willingness to listen and work in fast paced challenging environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and execute cross-functionally
- Good -to-Have
- Experience with Product based company
- Experience with SaaS based solutions
- Critical thinking
- You like to tinker and love technology
- Technical Skills:
- Experience in SQL Programming
- Good-to-Have (Added advantage)
- Conversant with Java/PHP programming
- Conversant with working with XML
- Conversant with .Net Programming
- Database knowledge
- Knowledge of Sales Tax (VAT & Use Tax)
- Experience in ERP Domainxperience of tracking tools like Salesforce & Atlassian Jira.
- S/he must be willing to work with US Pacific overlapping time as per need basis and rotational shifts
- Should be able to travel to US as needed
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.