Product Manager, Insurance Premium Tax, Calc
Product Management | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
The Avalara Insurance Premium Tax, Calc PM will work with Avalara's product teams to deliver insurance tax calc solutions spanning on-premises, cloud and hybrid deployments that drive value to organizations of all sizes and end-user needs across the complexity spectrum.
- Work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs.
- Create and update roadmap for Insurance Premium Tax, Calc.
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against.
- Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques.
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement.
- Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager focused on APIs and platform services.
- 7+ years overall experience with some startup experience.
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers on API development.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and toolchain (e.g. Jira)
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with design teams on UI/UX.
- Ability to drive results through influence.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems.
- Experience with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns).
- Experience with analytics platforms like Heap, FullStory, and Adobe.
- Working on data models with hands-on SQL experience to write queries and perform data analysis.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com