Sr. Director, Partner Manager
Business Development | Remote, United StatesApply Now!
The Sr. Director, Strategic Partner Manager – Marketplaces Industry is responsible for setting and leading our growth initiatives across our current Marketplaces partnerships.This position will be responsible for driving the strategy, relationship, revenue and execution of growth programs to meet and exceed our objectives. This role is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within Avalara including Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product and Business Development as well as with our International teams.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall strategy in the Ecommerce & Marketplace industry that plays an integral role in the success of the overall Partner team and company.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to drive the engagement and growth strategy for a Marketplace territory of current partners
- Manage programs to maximize net sales revenue across both new sales and add-on and upsell.
- Work directly with our BD, Sales, and Partner Management team members to optimize our current set of services and drive through the process to sign, implement and launch net new services
- Work directly with our Sales and Alliances Organization to develop channel marketing programs, training, collateral, etc.as well as support the hand-off for new Marketplace partners
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations in the Ecommerce industry to ensure Avalara maintains its leadership position
- 15+ years of experience in Strategic Partnerships or Sales within the Ecommerce industry bringing domain expertise and relationships.
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Energy and Enthusiasm with a willingness to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.