Director Returns and Reporting / Director Operations
Operations | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
The Director Returns and Reporting will be responsible for leading a growing India based team. This role will be accountable to participate in cross-functional strategy alignment enabling ongoing growth, operational efficiency and talent development across the organization. The Director Returns and Reporting will be leading the delivery of Avalara's Pune returns service teams (SUT, Communications, VAT, Lodging and Beverage Alcohol) by developing operational readiness and guiding the future direction of automation to effectively serve across partner, enterprise and mid-to-small size businesses.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal processes and customer needs in the area of tax compliance services, in order to shape our product vision as well as prioritize based on high impact for the business.
- Accountable for the day to day activities of the Returns and Reporting teams inclusive of, but not limited to, preparation and timely filing of returns, customer engagement, audit support, renewal processing and data validation.
- Deliver robust and accurate forecasting and capacity planning models to ensure timely and accurate filing of returns aligned to relevant internal and external SLAs.
- Through systems and data, deliver real time and retrospective reporting on all return types aligned to fiscal obligations, measuring both timeliness and accuracy of all returns.
- Be hands on in the assessment of end-to-end service delivery in order to drive internal process and policy decisions.
- Extend assessments and analysis with cross-functional global partners to constantly improve delivery of the end-to-end returns services.
- Leverage technology within the group to deliver efficiency.
- Nurture a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are key.
- Advance initiatives specific to development and delivery of training to serve our Global Returns Services organization across various indirect tax disciplines.
- 12+ years operations management experience developing, managing and motivating professional level employees.
- Applied management experience in the areas of indirect tax, accounting or financial services.
- Experience developing and analyzing key metrics as part of critical business decision making.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Experience managing direct customer and partner relationships.
- Evidence of successfully implementing and driving adoption for large scale technology and process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen and communicate effectively across all levels within an organization.
- SaaS (software as a service) industry experience.
- Experience with tax technology applications (i.e. Avalara, SureTax, Vertex, Sabrix, or Oracle Enterprise Business Tax).
- CPA, MBA or CMI.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.