Product Manager - Workday/ERP integrations
Product Management | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
As the product manager you will own the discipline of embedding Sales Tax, VAT, Consumer Use Tax, and Global Tax functionality for Workday and other ERP platforms. You will work with a cross-functional geographically dispersed team, document and track of all product requirements, work with Avalara's internal teams and external partners and customers to ensure product fit for use cases and requirements. You will be supported by a team that includes, program management, engineering, and Avalara's customer support and training teams.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the ever changing ERP landscape and the ever-changing platform modifications to ensure availability and deep compatibility of Avalara's product and features to end users across several ERP platforms.
- Establish and execute on a roadmap that stays in line both with partner roadmaps and the Avalara product roadmap
- Capture key product use case information from customers, internal customer facing teams and other stakeholders
- Discover and validate customer stories surrounding internal Tax compliance for Account Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other ERP workflow.
- Collaborate with the Customer Learning, Training, Implementation, Support, Engineering, and Product Management organizations to identify dependencies and navigate priorities to meet roadmap commitments
- Drive critical issues to resolution, internally and with partners and customers, acting as a primary point of escalation for stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Legal and Business Development teams to create powerful app store listings and marketing plans
- Stay in lock step with Avalara ERP business unit to ensure our offerings are as competitive and supportive to the overall Avalara's ERP strategy
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Bachelor's degree with a finance and/or technology focus and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working with ERP systems, specifically Workday, in either an implementation or product management role
- Experience and ability to collaborate with an offshore development team
- Software Engineering and Software Development lifecycle experience, specifically Agile processes
- Strong knowledge of customer experience within Workday ecosystem
- Basic understanding of SOAP & REST API
- Basic understanding of Workday studio
- Dynamic and fluid approach to projects with changing deadlines, requirements, and resources
- Upbeat personality with the ability to engage with technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience leading complex IT design and implementation projects with many stakeholders
- Product or Program management or PMO leadership experience
- Workday Studio certified
- A strong oral and written communicator who values listening and works well cross-functionally
- A collaborator who can get others to perform who aren't direct reports
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.