Strategic Market Development Manager
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a big impact? Avalara is currently looking for a Strategic Market Development Manager to join the EMEA business. This position will focus on conceiving and crafting breakthrough relationship models across our EMEA offerings and markets with two goals: accelerate our current business trajectory and built the foundations for new business models and partnerships that will serve us beyond the immediate month and quarter.
This is a senior role that will play an integral part in the acceleration of our growth in existing and new markets across EMEA. This person will strategically evaluate new market opportunities, develop and own GTM strategies for these markets and industries, analyze and identify high priority and new customer segments for business impact, map out new partnerships that would enable Avalara to engage these customers, start conversations and take partnership deals from concept to signature leveraging internal partner and sales teams as necessary.
Someone remarkably smart and motivated will love this role. We have a team of fun interesting people and are looking for you to help accelerate our already healthy growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of Avalara's EMEA market landscape.
- Develop hypothesis on key route to market opportunities and essential partnerships for specific products, industries, GTM plays, markets or combination thereof.
- Develop and own GTM strategies for the target segment(s) identified above, and map out essential partnerships and customers necessary to validate hypothesis developed above.
- Lead projects to build and execute on these new go-to-market strategies
- Initiate conversations and take partnership - channel, OEM, influencer, market maker or any other – deals from concept to signature leveraging internal partner and sales teams, as necessary.
- Articulate the value of Avalara products and services in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
- Act as a liaison between our sales teams and partners to help build working relationships resulting in growing our bookings numbers/meeting and/or exceeding your territory goals.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and monitor progress towards strategic goals and KPIs identified as part of GTM strategy.
- Strong academic record required, a BA/BSc degree a minimum.
- Proven track record of business development, sales, customer or partner management, consulting or related experience.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators.
- Skill in negotiating customer deals, partnership models, contracts and comfort discussing legal documents and terminology.
- Proven track record of Partner and/or Channel experience in the Technology industry.
- Good understanding of SaaS software economics, customer lifetime value and role of Ecosystem in enhancing market opportunity.
- Engage effectively at the C-Suite and Executive level both internally and externally.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles within project teams and the company at large.
- Familiarity with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
- Familiarity with invoicing related software (for example: ERP or ecommerce) is a plus.
- MBA from a top tier program.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Almost every purchase, be it a tank of gas, cup of coffee, a pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, streamed song, or every sensor-to-sensor ping requires a nuanced & unique tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com