Business Value Engineering Lead
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
We are looking for a highly talented and self-motivated individual to spearhead our value engineering efforts to help our sales teams articulate how our Avalara product portfolio enables our customers to meet their key strategic and financial objectives.
As our first Business Value Engineering hire in EMEA, you will be empowered to be the “go-to person” for sales and our strategic and business transformation-centric dialog with CxOs. You will also help define our strategy for building and scaling the Value Engineering program in the territory.
- Be the beachhead to jumpstart, design and build value engineering capability for Avalara in EMEA.
- Partner with sales management, pre-sales engineering, product and other pre and post-sales functions to establish a transformative value assessment approach to enable strategic discussions with customer executives.
- Work closely with customers, alongside sales, to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers and metrics, and help customers understand how our solutions will help them achieve their strategic and financial goals.
- Develop and deliver compelling, CFO-ready business case presentations and financial models, and accelerate sales conversations with customers.
- Define and craft Avalara's Value Engineering Toolbox covering appropriate.
- Turbo charge competitive battle-cards & positioning with data-driven and business value driven messaging.
- Proven track record (5-10+ years) of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis and/or other applicable roles.
- Strong Executive presence and presentation skills, comfortable collaborating with and presenting to C-suite executives.
- Must be a self-starter and have a strong vision for what best-in-class value engineering and the execution to make that vision a reality.
- Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Inspirational leadership qualities and strong experience managing internal and external executive-level relationships.
- Intellectual horsepower and analytical rigor to create actionable insights, and communicate findings in coherent, impactful & easily consumable style.
- Bachelors Degree in a financial or technical field OR equivalent work experience.
- MBA from a top tier program preferred.
- Experience in technology or Enterprise Software.
- Experience at a high growth, tech SaaS startup.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com