Sr Product Marketing Manager - Compliance Documents
Marketing | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax calculation.
Avalara has been rated a leader by IDC in the 2019 MarketScape report on Sales Tax and VAT applications. We are a dynamic B2B SaaS company based in Seattle that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our customers.
The product marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging & positioning, some customer-facing collateral, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence and product launch activities. This team is accountable for all Avalara products across all geographies.
This product marketing role provides an opportunity to design and own the execution of a range of go-to-market, sales enablement and messaging & positioning initiatives across all products in Avalara's Compliance Document Management Cloud.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative environment, and brings a breadth of hands-on experience product marketing, ideally in a global or international context. In this role you will be responsible for developing deep customer insights and translating those into hard-hitting messaging & positioning frameworks and a wide range of customer and sales-facing collateral. You will serve as the go-to source for go-to-market planning and sales enablement. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara's GMs, Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to enable decision making based on solid quantitative analysis and data-driven insights
- Work closely with product management, engineering, sales and marketing teams to orchestrate launch of new products into market
- Develop messaging/positioning, sales talk-tracks, customer presentations, case studies and other collateral for new and existing products
- Analyze the competitive landscape and prepare field and sales organizations for addressing competitive situations
- Identify need and manage the development of sales enablement tools
- Participate in development of session content for industry or customer conferences
- Partner with product management for upcoming product/feature launches; develop sales training materials and orchestrate & execute field training
- Work across all of Avalara's products and geographies to provide strategic support to demand generation, corporate marketing, field teams and the sales organization.