Enterprise Sales Executive, Communications Division
Sales | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is looking for a proven Sales Executive to join a group of dynamic sales professionals specializing in our Communications Team. This individual will drive “net” new sales growth. Operating as part of a highly driven and high performing team, our Sales Executives are responsible for selling Avalara’s Communication Sales Tax compliance solutions and working with our partners to promote and increase sales to their customers. Avalara helps make Communications Sales Tax compliance simple and automatic for businesses of all sizes and our sales team is passionate about our mission to help businesses achieve compliance by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- Qualify and close sales leads generated by our sales development teams.
- Qualify and close new sales opportunities that are self-generated or through partner relationships.
- Manage a small and medium size customer sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
- Develop and maintain a high level of industry knowledge and Avalara's offerings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Avalara partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avalara to help meet company objectives.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, finance degree a plus.
- Highly motivated individual, competitive, and coachable.
- 5+years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers.
- Experience in handing high velocity and complex selling situations.
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas.
- Consultative, solution-based sales methodology.
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services Industry is a strong plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in the Communications Industry is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.