Business Strategy & Intelligence Manager
Sales | Brighton, United KingdomApply Now!
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? That's what we're doing here at Avalara.
We are seeking a Business Strategy & Intelligence Manager - a Senior role that will drive and contribute to our EMEA strategy anchored in market intelligence, customer understanding, and thoughtful data analysis.
We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, and one of our core values is Fun.
- Develop a deep understanding of Avalara's EMEA market landscape including customer needs in the context of new and emerging tax and compliance regulations, and market adjacencies.
- Develop an understanding of and stay current with the competitive ecosystem spanning offerings, pricing, partnering and related dimensions.
- Build a strong and complete POV on routes-to-market across market and customer segments.
- Generate and develop creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations.
- Communicate the state of the business for diverse stakeholders spanning product, marketing, sales, partners and M&A.
- Facilitating joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level business partners, build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making.
- Support International ELT & EMEA LT on strategic high visibility projects in support of Avalara's long-term growth trajectory, with a particular focus on the assessment, prioritization, and execution of global market expansion.
- Prepare concise business analyses by collecting, formatting, analyzing, & explaining information.
- A proven track record of experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or experience in a respected operating company's strategy function.
- Experience of working in an analytical capacity in a management consulting, investment banking, business intelligence, data science, or corporate strategy role.
- Strong academic record required, a BA/BSc degree a minimum.
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense.
- Excellent communication and well-rounded inter-personal skills.
- Passion for excellence and the desire to have a significant impact on the business.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles within project teams and the company at large.
- Knowledge of and interest in business trends and competitive dynamics in enterprise software.
- Willingness to work as a team player in a flexible, high energy, collaborative and fun environment.
- Experience in technology or Enterprise Software preferred, and experience at a high growth, tech SaaS startup is a plus.
- Experience driving strategic recommendations through statistical analysis.
- Excellent data analysis, modeling, and presentation development skills.
- MBA would be highly desirable.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Almost every purchase, be it a tank of gas, cup of coffee, a pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, streamed song, or every sensor-to-sensor ping requires a nuanced & unique tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com