Weekly Roundup: Digital Goods, Sales Tax Holidays, and an Existential Crisis
- Sales and Use Tax
- Feb 7, 2014 | Gail Cole
Sales tax affects every person who lives in, does business in, or visits one of the 44 sales tax states (and more besides).
- It’s confounding: Illinois can't answer nexus questions.
- It’s techy: E-books and digital information services in New York.
- It’s altruistic: A tax recovery program in North Carolina.
- It’s existential: What is take and bake pizza?
- It’s political: Tax breaks and exemptions.
- It’s festive: Sales tax holidays in Maryland and Arkansas!
- It’s dynamic: Rate changes in Arkansas, Minnesota, North Carolina and Washington.
No, sales tax isn’t dull. Sales tax can keep you on the edge of your seat.