Weekly Roundup: Lattes, Submachine Guns, and New Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Tax
- April 18, 2014 | Gail Cole
What do Starbucks, counter installers, and men waving submachine guns have in common? All are featured in this week’s sales tax news.
- Alabama and Kansas announce sales tax rate changes.
- Chicago brandishes gun over sales tax.
- Colorado moves towards an online sales tax.
- Georgia announces dates for upcoming sales tax holidays.
- Starbucks decides to pay more British taxes.
- Vermont and Maine recap recent sales tax changes.
- Vermont makes a video about sales tax and installed products.
News of sales tax exemptions always perks the ears. This week, exemptions crop up in the following states:
Want to know more? Read this week’s sales tax news.