Weekly Roundup: The State with 700 Tax Rates and Other Stories
- Sales and Use Tax
- May 16, 2014 | Gail Cole
More people are shopping online and more states are striving to capture internet sales tax revenue. Also making headlines this week, the Colorado Department of Revenue confesses the state has 700 different sales tax rates.
Elsewhere in the news:
- Florida made headlines as the governor approved three sales tax holidays and numerous new sales tax exemptions.
- New York announced changes affecting the prepaid sales tax on fuel.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's sales tax news:
- Sales tax rate changes in Alabama
- Colorado’s 700 sales tax rates
- Florida exemptions, more exemptions, and sales tax holidays
- Nevada sales tax rate changes
- New York prepaid sales tax on fuel
- New York electronic news services exemption
- Online sales and online sales tax
- Rhode Island commercial farming exemption
- Vouchers and use tax in Vermont