REST v2.17.4 Patch Notes
- Mar 30, 2017 | Ted Spence
This article is about the April 2017 monthly update to the AvaTax REST v2 API.
Improvements to the Returns functionality of REST v2 in this release:
- Updated field names for improved consistency
- New data field for summed remit amount per region
- Trigger calculate amounts anytime an adjustment or augmentation is saved
- Fixed bug when rebuilding worksheets on FQA due to data mismatches
- Fixed skyscraper error when calling with an unknown form or when calling a form with a null expected response time
- Cycle Safe APIs use the FilingFrequencyId enum in addition to the frequency code
New Rate Types
As a result of the ongoing expansion of the AvaTax product, Avalara is proud to announce the introduction of a wide variety of new rate types. Our old enumerated list of rate types is now obsolete; we have eliminated the use of the RateTypeId enumerated value throughout the API and replaced it with string values.
Code that expects RateTypeId enumerated values should now expect to use strings.
A new API is available to list valid rate types for each country. The results of this API call is a full list of all rate type codes and descriptions.
Point of Sale API
Improvements to the Point-Of-Sale API include additional documentation and improved test suites.
Refund Transaction API
The refund API has been re-enabled after additional testing.
You can now select individual special tax jurisdictions using the JurisdictionOverride API.
The BoundaryLevel values are normalized and use a single consistent enumerated value across all jurisdiction override APIs.
Improved reliability for calling ValidateAddress(). Some API calls reporting a PASSTHROUGH error have been updated with correct behavior.
You can now see the TaxCode value as well as the TaxCodeId value when fetching tax rules.
The referenceCode field is correctly returned when fetching transactions.
For users who wish to receive back smaller payloads, we have added a new $include parameter. The options for the parameter are the same as for the GetTransaction API call. For users who do not use the $include parameter, you will continue to receive full data in the results.
Other Bugfixes and Improvements
- Performance improvements throughout the API
- Improved support for technical support user training sessions
- Reduced retry frequency for email delays
- Improved server health monitoring for load balanced clusters
- Improved swagger documentation for address types, DELETE API calls, and utility endpoints
- Fixed exception when listing regions for Canada
- Fixed occasional exceptions when calling batch fetch immediately after creating batches
- Fixed occasional exception when calling lock transaction using an untrusted connection
- Fixed exception handling for incorrectly encoded Base64 credentials
- Fixed exception when calling for a list of nexus by an invalid form code