AvaTax API 19.1 Patch Notes
- Patch Updates
- Jan 15, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the January 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox Testing Window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period where the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes, please contact your account manager or open a support ticket.
AVATAXCODE as a classification system
In addition to globally recognized classification systems, as TARIC, HTS, etc., Avalara maintains our own classification system, called AVATAXCODE. If you have used our ListTaxCodes API, you must be familiar with it. In this new release, you will notice this system is presented as one of the classification systems by our ListProductClassificationSystems API.
A few new Lodging TaxSubTypes are published in this release:
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Fix Onboarding API and CreateTransaction API unhandled errors
- Publish enum integer values into Swagger.json file
- Improve call efficiency for CommitTransaction API
- Enforce EcmsSstCertsRequired to true for SST users
- Fix an error in fetching deleted objects