AvaTax API 19.3 Patch Notes
- Patch Updates
- Mar 19, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the March 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Accounting user roles
As part of 19.3, we rolled out support for Accounting Firm accounts, a new type of account that enables businesses that manage their clients’ tax returns. We provide two types of user roles for Accounting Firm accounts: FirmAdmin and FirmUser. The FirmAdmin will be able to set up a tax profile, view transactions, and file returns on behalf of clients. FirmUsers will be able to review data for clients. This feature is limited access available to Avalara Accounting and Consulting Partners (ACP).
Other fixes and improvements
- Made default TaxPayerIdNumber value NULL instead of “123456789” in Onboarding API
- Corrected typo in TaxRatesByZipCode API header
- Resolved a SqlException when creating FreeTrial account